This 100-page Special is packed full of stunning reproductions of original artwork from the Dalek annuals, the Doctor Who annuals, Doctor Who Weekly, the DVD range, the Radio Times, Target Books, TV Century 21, the VHS releases and more.
Other highlights include:
• Articles covering the history of graphic design and illustration in Doctor Who, from the early 1960s to the present day.
• Award-winning graphic designer Bernard Lodge explains how he created the series' first four title sequences.
• Concept artists Peter McKinstry and Matt Savage share their portfolios from 21st-century Doctor Who.
• Interviews with Target Books artists Chris Achilleos, Jeff Cummins, Bill Donohoe, Roy Knipe, Tony Manero, Andrew Skilleter and Nick Spender.
• Interviews with comics artists including Mike Collins, Martin Geraghty, Dave Gibbons, Richard Piers Rayner, John Ridgway, Nick Roche, John Ross, Adrian Salmon, Lee Sullivan and Alice Zhang.
• Interviews with VHS and DVD cover artists Lee Binding, Colin Howard and Alister Pearson.
Meanwhile long-running readers of this site will be pleased to learn that co-founder Anthony Dry, whose astonishing images helped to build our audience, can also be found (briefly) between the covers of Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition: The Art of Doctor Who.
PLEASE NOTE THE BARCODE HAS BEEN REMOVED
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 17 April, 2015.